Uppsala is Sweden’s fourth largest city with a population of 200 000 inhabitants. Unique cultural treasures and an exciting history are to be found in the city of knowledge and inspiration. Uppsala has retained its small-town charm while offering a big city’s selection of shops, restaurants and other entertainment.
Uppsala has many historical attractions. Among the most famous are:
• Uppsala cathedral, the largest cathedral in Scandinavia.
• One of Sweden’s oldest botanical gardens
• A unique anatomical theatre built in the 1600’s
• The Linnaeus Garden
• Uppsala Castle from the mid-1500’s
However, Uppsala is not only known for its traditions. Today Uppsala is a dynamic industrial and commercial city where knowledge, ideas and entrepreneurship are at the center. The city’s geographical location, with only 30 minutes to Stockholm-Arlanda international airport and 40 minutes to Stockholm, has made Uppsala an attractive place for meetings.
For information on how to reach Uppsala, please consult the Travel page on this website
Other useful links
• Visit Sweden! Swedish Tourist Board
• Destination Sweden. Lonelyplanet.com
• Uppsala Tourist Office
• The Municipality of Uppsala
• Uppsala University
• SLU, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
• Stockholm-Uppsala Life Science Region
Uppsala University : Last update December 06, 2012